America's Next Top Model

Something my father and I did together every week was something I steadily pushed on him overtime. America's Next Top Model. You see.... When the show started, I was in high school and our main TV was in the same room as my dad's office. And slowly, it creeped into his attention to the point where even if he was just flipping channels waiting for a Kings game in an hour or whatever, he would say "Okay" and he'd tolerate my show. Then it turned into something we always watched together. We would critique the photos and judge the contestants week to week. We would get all excited when a new season was starting. Even when I moved to Texas, we'd text each other when we were ready to watch the next episode and we would talk about how we felt about it. Watching the show now, makes me a little sad and happy thinking about my dad. About 9 days after my father's death, it was announced that this season would be the last, and I can't help but find this to be appropriate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Butt Pillow

The Day to Day Sad Blessings