Les Miserables

There's always been a running joke for as long as I can remember that on Christmas, us Jews go to the movies and eat Chinese food. I don't know how or when my family actually started doing this together but we definitely did it.

The first year Kevin and I got married, 2012, that Christmas we spent with my family. My dad was not a person who usually liked to drive far, he would rather people come to him, but this year he came to Camarillo and we all went to see Les Miserables. I can't remember what we did in 2013 (2014 Kevin and I spent Christmas in Michigan), but Les Miserables definitely stands out in my mind. I loved that movie and the music. Now sometimes I feel every sad song a little bit stronger.

Empty chairs at empty tables.

Comments

  1. That was a fun Christmas. I don't think Joseph expected entire film to be performed in song though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Butt Pillow

The Day to Day Sad Blessings