Flat tire

My car has been crazy about my tires since I got to Texas.  Constantly telling me that the air pressure is low and it's not.  Which is bad because it makes me ignore it.  To the point where I actually blew out my tire! Now I'm obsessively checking the pressure but it still says the tires are low.

Reminds me of two stories about my dad.  When I graduated college my dad and I went on a 2 week, 7000 plus mile road trip just the two of us.  On our way between dallas and new Orleans,  that little light went on.  When we got to new Orleans,  it was sunday and we had trouble finding an open tire shop, so we just kept filling the tire with my tiny air compressor that came with the car.  We made it alllll the way to northern Arkansas where we were able to get it fixed and they took the nail out.

Another time,  when i was big and pregnant,  my dad and I were driving from downtown LA to Simi down the grade on the 118 and we completely blew out the tire! On the side of a scary curve down the grade,  luckily we had AAA and it just meant I got to hang out with my dad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Butt Pillow

The Day to Day Sad Blessings