Memories in Writing

I find myself being reminded of my father everyday. Just little memories here and there. As a therapeutic exercise, I want to endeavor to put these memories in words. I want people to read them and remember my dad and enjoy the memories. Some shared, some silly, some serious.

I sit at a microscope every day for a lot of my day. And because of this, my posture is sometimes terrible when I am not paying attention. This made me think of using a yoga ball as a desk chair. My father decided to do this once. You might surmise that this was not a brilliant idea for a very large man like my father, but he seemed to like it. I think it wasn't long after my dad had had his gastric bypass and was all into being healthy etc. I don't remember how long the yoga ball survived, but I definitely remember its destruction. You see, my dad collected soda tabs for someone at work. My family drank a lot of sodas, so the tabs were numerous. One of them, did not get into the zip lock bag as intended. My dad, unknowingly, sat on his yoga ball and between his weight and the sharp torn metal, I heard a large POP and a manly yell from across the house. And that was the end of the yoga ball desk chair. I wonder if this is why my dad switched to 2 L bottles instead....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Butt Pillow

The Day to Day Sad Blessings